I decided to go ahead and paint the whole room. I used Behr "Wizard's Potion" in an eggshell sheen. It's very similar to the satin "Wild Elderberry" I previously used - just a bit lighter and with a softer sheen. The change is subtle, but it really freshened up the room. I am very happy with it.
|Wild Elderberry on top; Wizard's Potion on bottom|
both are more purple (less blue) than my camera would lead you to believe
There are now just two items remaining for the bedroom: crown molding and valances. I have the molding on hand; I hope to get it painted and installed this weekend.
The valances are on order and should arrive Monday. I couldn't find exactly the style I wanted, but maybe these will work.
I am now very close to finishing the bedroom. :) It will be so nice to have one room in the house completely done!